The Office of Digital Communications can provide guidance on website topics such as:
- Creating accessible sites
- Technical specifications for UIC websites
- Usability testing
- Project checklists
- Information architecture
- User experience
- Content strategy
To reach the Office of Digital Communications, send an email to email@example.com.
In order to establish a consistent identity across all UIC websites, here are some guidelines to follow:
- Logo use and placement: All UIC websites need to use the appropriate logo from the UIC logo system prominently at the top of every website.
- Link to uic.edu: All websites should contain a link to UIC homepage.
- Contact information: Websites should have a “Contact Us” page that contains information such as a unit’s phone number, e-mail address, and postal address. If appropriate, a staff directory should also be included.
- Copyright: Material on official UIC websites is the property of the university and should be identified as such to protect copyright. The approved format for copyright is as follows: Copyright © 20xx (list appropriate year) The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois.
The Office of Digital Communications—in collaboration with ACCC—manage the publish.uic.edu WordPress network. They are in the process of overhauling the university website as well as creating WordPress templates that integrate the updated UIC brand. The completion date of both projects has yet to be determined. To receive updates regarding the projects, subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the WebPros website. The website also has information on trainings for UIC staff working in a variety of roles such as Web development, design, management or content contribution to websites or social media.